Minecraft was based around a singular theme in which made minecraft what it is today. In saying this, many ideas start off with an individual theme, which soon turns into a large list of these. However, implementing themes into games, and texture packs takes a lot of effort and consideration; which of course the developer/artist must be willing to insert into his/her’ work. For example; a texture pack on its own in some ways, can implement more feeling and theme into the initial game of minecraft than the game could ever do. Of course, the game does bring its own original feeling into the game. However when a great texture pack is introduced to that game; everything changes and becomes so much more themed than the game may have been at the time you chose the texture pack.
The Battered Old Stuff Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.5, not only replaces the default textures of minecraft, but also makes the new textures more realistic; in two separate ways. Minecraft is a medieval based game; therefor nothing is perfect, realistically. So if minecraft were more realistic, blocks would be more worn, torn and rustic. Make shift weapons and homes would look so much more battered, hence the name of the texturepack; “the battered old stuff texture pack for minecraft 1.5.” When replacing these old textures with the new and improved textures; it makes your world/server so much more realistic, rustic and hostile looking. The Battered old stuff texture pack simply introduces a more realistic looking minecraft texturepack, not necessarily a more detailed version of the default texture pack. In fact, the texture pack is completely different to the default texture pack.
With the battered old stuff texture pack, you will simply adore your world so much more. Even though your world make look more damaged, and worn; the world will simply look a significantly different. Exploring will be made so much more admirable and enjoyable. You could sit for hours on end, simply admiring this stunning new world of yours.
Textures packs are often available in a long list of resolution versions; however they often result the player/user in a pool of disappointment. Usually, such texturepacks will end up buggy and take forever to update to the latest minecraft version. Seeing as the artist has to fix, update and release every single, individual resolution version, his/hers effort and creativity has been spread across a wide distance of time; therefor straining his/hers result in the end of producing and updating the texture pack. However, the artist of the Battered Old Stuff texturepack has released his texture pack in only 2 resolution versions. This allows a small variety of choice, when of course; choosing the right version for the user, and also allows the developer to update and design his texture pack on time and to the best of his ability. Seeing as the texture pack is available in 32x and also 64x, this gives the opportunity to players; who have a more laggy computer, or one that may not be able to handle a high quality pack; to use the texture pack just the same, and also allow users with higher quality computers to run the texture pack to the best experience possible.
When using a texture pack that introduces detailed and very realistic textures, including custom animations and terrain animations; often it is required to use a foreign program or mod to patch the texture pack. Patchers allow the texture pack to work correctly, including allowing custom content such as animations like fire, water, lava and torches. Often a texture pack without a required patch will; instead of inserting an amazing, unique and stunning texture; result as a blank white texture or simply not work at all. Usually the official forum will state that you must use a patcher in order for it to work, but it is recommended that you patch your texture pack after installing any texture pack. Links to the 2 patchers will be mentioned in the description.
How to install Battered Old Stuff Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.5
- Download the MCPatcher program for manual patching. Or download the Optifine mod for automatic patching.
- Download the Battered Old Stuff texture pack for minecraft 1.5.
- Browse to %appdata%/roaming/.minecraft and open the “texturepacks” folder, or simply open the folder from within your menu selection: “texture packs”.
- Drag the entire downloaded “Battered Old stuff” texture pack into your “texturepacks” folder.
- Use the mcpatcher program, unless the optifine mod has been installed.
- Minecraft oCd Resource Pack [1.8.1, 1.7.10, 1.7.2]
- Minecraft SMP’s Revival Resource Pack [1.8.1, 1.7.10, 1.7.2]
- Minecraft Chroma Hills Resource Pack [1.8.1, 1.7.10, 1.7.2]
- Minecraft Coterie Craft Resource Pack [1.8.1, 1.7.10, 1.7.2]
- Minecraft Jolicraft Resource Pack [1.8.1, 1.7.10, 1.7.2]
- Minecraft R3D.CRAFT Resource Pack [1.8.1, 1.7.10, 1.7.2]
- Minecraft Sphax PureBDCraft Resource Pack [1.8.1, 1.7.10, 1.7.2]
- Minecraft Misa’s Realistic Resource Pack [1.8.1, 1.7.10, 1.7.2]
- Minecraft Faithful 32×32 Resource Pack [1.8.1, 1.7.10, 1.7.2]
- Minecraft MCPatcher HD [1.8.1, 1.7.10/1.7.2]